Saturday, January 23, 2010

I am

I am


sunlight

glowing in the west

just beyond the far edge

of

Everything.



I am

starlight

glimm’ring on the sea

So close, so real, yet untouchable

The measure of

Eternity.



I am

summer rain

cooling, gentle, clean

Breathing life into the stillness

with whispers of love.



I am

snowfall

purity, and silence

Reflection, and grace

rebirth.



I am

music

symphonies of sound,

Truth that’s held in

understanding

Beyond sight, far in thought.



I am

the story

of everything I love,

Everything I’ve seen,

Everything I’ve touched.

I am the wind in the trees,

The laugh of cool waters,

Sweet morning dewdrops,

The smiles of the world.



I am life.

I am…

me.

 
Note: This really should be in a different, centered format, but I can't do tabs here, so this is what you get. ^^

We are intriguing things, us human beings. We are who we are because of what we've seen and done, because of what's touched us beyond all. Somewhere we retain a memory and a thought and it changes what we do and how we act. By the time we die, we're a collection of scenes from many places, the good and the bad, the sweet and the sad, the dark and the light. We become something more than just us--we're also what's shaped us, created us, everything that's ever mattered to us in our lives. We become our friends and our families and our teachers, keeping a little part of them locked inside us forever. We become everything that nature has to give and we have to receive. We are like written books, books of everything and anything we may have encountered. If we could open others up and read their stories, perhaps there wouldn't be so much pain and darkness in the world--perhaps we could understand each other, by seeing the wheres and hows and whys of each other.

I want to say thank you, I think, to everyone that's done something that I held onto, everything I remember. Without others, we are nothing, in several ways. People who touch others' lives give them the greatest gifts of all--themselves. When you touch someone else's life, no matter what way, you teach them something about themself, and help them to find their way and place in our crazy world. No matter if it's positive or negative, people need them both, need them all, in order to really learn who they really are. In every year of their lives, there is something important, no matter how young or how old. Remember that, well, everything you do influences the ones involved. We are the greatest gifts we can give to each other--the lessons we can teach, the things we can help with, the love we can give, and the knowledge of oneself and each other. It is a priceless thing, to be able to know our place. We give it to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment