Sunday, October 18, 2009

Positivity

When faced with much pressure and much to worry about, one wonders how one can hold on to some measure of positivity. And one must also reconcile oneself to the fact that positivity is rather necessary. Without it, how could we ever get things done? It would be a world of grim staring at all the things we have to confront in daily life. I’m sure you’ll agree with me when I say they’re quite a bit to handle, if you really truly think about it all as a great clump. And sometimes it’s hard to pry oneself away from thinking of it as a great big suffocating clump about to descend on you.


Goodness, that’s very optimistic of me, isn’t it? Breathe deeply…think of it one at a time. And even then sometimes you can’t get it all done. I both dislike and enjoy procrastinating, but as it piles up it’s hard not to just sit there staring at it, like Psyche with the multitude of grains that Venus told her to sort.

All right, enough of being miserable. I will try to be positive. I’ve heard it works nicely, actually. A friend of mine and I have been practicing it abundantly, and I suspect we will be doing so through May, with extra intensity at the end of March. Positivity can make for determination, as well. We’re convinced we’re going to do well, so we are determined to do well (and to ensure the rest of the team does as well so we can achieve our goal). I suspect it’s part of the reason why being positive works so well.

Oh, and what about positive vibes being catching? I wonder if it works if you just think it, or if you have to say and act positively. That would be an interesting experiment, I think. It’s quite obvious it would work if you went around smiling brightly and convincing everyone it would be great, I think. People start to catch it; if you smile enough at someone they’ll smile back, unless they’re really horrible or you’re playing that one game involving not smiling. But you know, just the brain? There are so many, many things we have yet to learn about involving the human brain. So much intriguing mystery. There’s another question for you; how many long years until we know even twice as much as we do now? I notice that every time we seem to solve something, it simply raises more questions. Including now, when I’m just thinking a little. Already there are 5 question marks in this one post.

And there, yet again, let’s be positive. Maybe it won’t be so long. Maybe we will find out things much quicker. Yes…that’s right…be positive……………………………………….



Okay, so pardon for that totally ridiculous and not-making-much-sense post. My brain seems to run in circles around me; I think it can feel the anticipation for the SO year building. Though I sound quite ridiculous, I do indeed mean to be positive. This year will be our year. I promise it.

No comments:

Post a Comment